Monday, October 15, 2012

Shit Happens...

I put my stamping machine into the GAA show in the Bates Gallery and the handle broke while in use. After working like this, I have become more emotionally detached from my pieces, so when they break, I'm not frustrated. I don't make my pieces with the intention of them breaking, but in reality machines break down sometimes and need maintenance. My piece is just like any other machine in that regard. I placed an "out of order" sign on the piece until the part is fixed. This morning I was able to remake the part, so it will be replaced in about a week. Also, the reaction of the person who broke it was priceless!



1 comment:

  1. is it b/c the pieces hit each other too hard? Would having rubber or flocking or something to absorb the shock help?

    good attitude - ceramics and machines break - you learn every time you have a repair!

    ReplyDelete