Friday, October 26, 2012

In Progress/ Frustrating Piece




This is how I felt at the beginning of the week. I was getting really frustrated with parts of my new piece, mainly because it is larger than the majority of my work (Hopefully everyone has seen Office Space...).





I am feeling a better about it now. There will be some pipes added to the sides, so it's not completely done being constructed. I am playing around with how the machine appears to be assembled, so it doesn't appear to be rectangular pieces of metal bolted together. Recently, I have been looking at the curves and bends of brass instruments. Also, after getting the large pipe assembled It reminded me somewhat of Tim Hawkinson's 'Uberorgan,' which got me thinking more about sound and possibly incorporating it into the work somehow.


No comments:

Post a Comment