Wednesday, December 5, 2012

New Ideas

Lately I have been trying to think of some new ideas for pieces. I am searching for ways to make something function, but not have a specific end result or purpose attached to it. I have been looking a lot at simple machines and how they work. Travis mentioned incorporating pulleys into a piece, so I began looking at pictures and around for anything I could use to make a piece, since my budget is limited. I was looking around our studio and made this discovery in a drawer:

I figured out a way to take the axles from these wheels and make ceramic pulleys for them. Here is what I have in mind:


It is very simple right now, but it will use a hand crank to spin the pulleys. The belt will complete a closed track through the system of pulleys without completing a specific task. 




No comments:

Post a Comment